2020: As I journeyed...

 "I kept reaching for my muses, floating on clouds filled with their passions", yet they elude me.


The euphoria of a New Year easily blinds the mind from taking stock of the past year & leaping from it. The zest for "new year resolutions" quickly detracts us from the truth of how we did in the old one and we never really get anywhere in our quest for fruitful progressive living.

In 2020 I made mistakes, stepped on toes,  failed in certain responsibilities; and yes I won in others. I got many rejection letters and aye, I got some congratulatory letters too. I fell, I rose. I despaired, perspired, fainted, and so on. Yet in all of these, grace outran me. 

As we journey in and through faith, we shared the experience of Paul as He lettered, "we are hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed,  but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed...so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body". Indeed, He's been revealed. 

Therefore, we rely on His promise that "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." and He did come through for us. 

What made my 2020 most remarkable is GOD'S MERCY! I spent time reflecting on the details this past week and it's simply incredible. 

For, "standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own."

But as we engage 2021: Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV

From my muses. 

Comments

  1. "I kept reaching for my muses, floating on clouds filled with their passions",
    I'm the author of these words, it's copyright in my book Muses of Wandering Passions, I saw you have used it and added words.

    "I kept reaching for my muses, floating on clouds filled with their passions", yet they elude me.

    It's always appropriate to give the author credit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YESU YA NA DA DADI- Emma Jesse

IN HIS PRESENCE- Emma Jesse

ANNOUNCING A TEN THOUSAND [10,000] NAIRA PRIZE FOR LITERARY APPRAISALS OF ALEPPO – A Poem by Obu UDEOZO